The translation of academic research into commercially relevant projects is a challenge that requires the participation of individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Indeed, the coordination of all the necessary activities is a further challenge.
In collaboration with academic and research Institutions in Greece we have organized several colloquia drawing upon the expertise of the friends of Fondation Santé who volunteer to come to Greece and participate in such discussions.
The Colloquia we have sponsored to date are listed bellow:
• How a Scientific Hypothesis Can Be Translated to Drug Discovery and Development (pdf)
in collaboration with the Medical School of the University of Patras, 2009
• Taking Scientific Ideas from Lab to Commerce (pdf)
in collaboration with the National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, 2008
• Biotechnology in the 21st Century (pdf)
in collaboration with the Department of Molecular Biology & Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, 2007
• Strategic Choices in Biotechnology: Broad Technology Platforms or Targeted Drug Development Projects? (pdf)
in collaboration with the Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, 2007
• Biotechnology Start-ups: Facts and Fiction (pdf)
in collaboration with the Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, 2006